Everything You Need to Know About Amazon A+ Pages
What are Amazon A+ pages?
The Amazon A+ Content program also called enhanced brand content gives sellers the opportunity to create extended versions of basic product descriptions. This program includes numerous options including the chance to build scannable text that details the features and benefits of a product. Using this program, sellers can supplement their text with images and comparison charts that can help customers make educated buying decisions.
Premium, HTML-based content typically drives more conversions on a product page. In fact, Amazon claims that A+ can boost sales by 3 to 10 percent simply by improving search engine optimization (SEO) results and educating consumers about your brand and products.
Amazon A+ Content Guidelines and Eligibility
There are a few things to remember when considering creating Amazon A+ content
- A+ pages are not indexed, so they will not offer any type of organic boost
- Currently, A+ Content pages are not available through Amazon’s Mobile App or on mobile devices
- Only products not sold by other vendors on Amazon.com can receive a free A+ Enhanced Marketing Content page
- To create an A+ Enhanced Marketing Content page, vendors must submit all content within a month of confirming the purchase order for a product
- Amazon reserves the right to remove A+ Enhanced Marketing Content pages for any reason, including, but not limited to, violating Amazon’s policies, closing a vendor account and failing to fulfill orders
How to Create an Amazon A+ Page?
First, a vendor has to submit an A+ Detail Page promotion request. To do this:
- Log into Vendor Central. Once there, and hover your mouse over the “Merchandising” menu then choose “A+ Detail Pages.”
- Once there, vendors have two choices including:
With this option, vendors have to do most of the work. This includes creating, uploading and arranging content such as text and images, building a layout and reviewing and setting up shopping cart options. There are four different levels – Basic, Silver, Gold and Platinum and each one includes a flat fee. While some may be eligible for a free A+ page, there isn’t a way to determine eligibility until all content is submitted.
When using the self-service option, you are first taken to a page where you enter the Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN), a unique 10 digit number that is used to identify all items sold on Amazon. It’s a good idea to choose premium products that have plenty of features and benefits and a good brand story.
Once you have decided on a product and entered the ASIN, you’ll need to choose a layout style. There are 5 layout styles to choose from. After picking your layout style, you’ll be asked to upload your content and images and then preview your page. At this point, you’ll be able to make any changes. Once you are happy with your page design, select ‘add to cart’ to view pricing and purchase the A+ content. Once purchased, Amazon typically has the page published or returned if any revisions are needed within 14 days. A Self-Service page can cost anywhere from $0 to $400.
Note: You can mix module styles or use the same one as many times as you like. The fees for each page can vary depending on the time of year, and the total price will depend on the types of module chosen.
“Amazon Builds For You”
If you choose this option, you supply the ASIN, images and content and Amazon determines the design and layout of the page. With this option, the page is typically published within 14 days if no revisions are requsted. Amazon Builds For You also has Basic, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels, but usually costs about three times as much as the Self-Service option and can cost anywhere from $500-$1,500 per page.
How CrewMachine Helps Sellers Build Amazon A+ Pages
CrewMachine can be used to create A+ pages through various modules. This results in a better buyer experience and more conversions. Vendors can build custom A+ pages on the CrewMachine platform and simply copy the HTML to build future Amazon A+ pages.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Picking the Right Type of Facebook Ads for Your Campaigns - September 13, 2017
- Five Creative E-commerce Branding Tactics - September 6, 2017
- The Importance of E-Commerce Visual Merchandising - September 1, 2017