How to Choose the Right Content Creation and Automation Platform
As an e-commerce business grows, its content creation needs multiply exponentially. Just as the catalog of product descriptions increases, so do the requirements for content across multiple channels. And because the internet never sits still, these channels and their formatting requirements are always on the move, making it difficult for businesses to keep up. Large-scale e-tailers rely on a team of writers and editors. Each of these factors adds complexity to content creation.
In order to simplify, strategic marketers look to content management tools to keep everyone organized and streamline their workflow. Content creation platforms can automate many tasks and keep the work moving forward efficiently. But what factors go into making the best content-focused automation tools?
Ideally, the platform should:
- Fit the needs of everyone on the content team
- Provide appropriate access to content experts, SEO masters and project managers
- Help the team develop and enforce custom brand guidelines
- Offer easy set up for different roles in the workflow (from keyword research all the way to QA)
- Allow the organization to define a custom workflow for each content project
- Support publication to all popular e-commerce platforms
- Include compatibility with major content management systems on the market
- Automate as much of the workflow as possible in order to deliver maximum efficiency
Here’s an in-depth look at the top four features of a powerhouse content creation platform.
Every project is different, and so every project requires a different approach. The approach starts with high-level planning and workflow. A strong content management tool offers complete control over every step in the content lifecycle. When you’ve got multiple projects on the go (and what organization doesn’t?) your platform should track each campaign so everything stays organized and flows properly.
The more people you have on your content team, the more challenging it can be to keep everyone on the same page. A robust content creation platform does just that, allowing easy communication and synchronization between every team member. With real-time updates, managers can get answers quickly when deadlines are looming and push notifications to team members as needed. Workforce management tools are also essential to evaluating a project and looking for areas to improve.
3) Brand Guidelines
Every brand has standards: grammatical preferences, tone, special terms, forbidden terms and the like. These need to be displayed and enforced throughout all content areas. For projects with particular formats, brand guidelines are often adjusted to stay within content parameters. A proper content creation platform displays and enforces brand guidelines while giving project managers the ability to add special instructions where needed.
4) Content Modules
A strong content creation platform provides customized formatting capability to simplify content deliveries and publication.
Empowering eCommerce Content - www.crewmachine.com
Latest posts by Dharam (see all)
- 20 E-Commerce Automation Tools For Online Selling Efficiency - January 4, 2017
- Keyword Targeting Guidelines – How to Use Keywords on a Page - December 13, 2016
- 9 Must-Have Tools for Website, Blog & Social Content Creation - December 9, 2016